Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Active Park Assist Module

Keith01

Hi,

I have an issue with my Park assist.

I suspect it is the PAM. I purchased a second hand one on e-Bay that had most of the same numbers (!) on the case of the unit (ref: attached picture of the original one and replacement one attached).

All were the same except the last line (a date followed by a few letters). The original one has ....B / 02/ BB but the replacement one has .... A / 02 /AA.

I was assured this would be fine but the replacement one behaves slightly differently (no initial error message) but still doesn't work (I get error messages when try to use park assist).

The replacement might be incompatible or broken itself I guess or the problem may be something else entirely!

Before I go ahead and order a brand new PCM unit (at considerable cost) I wondered if anyone out there knows that those last line of numbers are indeed significant?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Keith

IMG_4622.PNG

IMG_4617.jpg

There identical as such. The important numbers are f1et-15k866-bc.

What's the issue to start with? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club