Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introduction and advise much appreciated on our Mondeo

SammieLou
聽Share

Hi all, thank you for allowing us on your forum聽馃檪聽Look forward to reading through the site.

We are after some advice, but can't seem to post our concerns in the general forum, so hope its OK to add this info here.

We have a聽 2014 Mondeo Titanium X Business edition estate, owned it for 13 months and to be fair, we seem to have had nothing but issue's with it, however we aren't in a position to change it right now sadly.

The newest problem we are now experiencing, a couple of days ago, the touch screen stopped working, so have been unable to access the sat nav (being the main one) All of the buttons either side of the screen, for example, radio/phone/menu all work fine, its the the actual screen itself, nothing will work when touching it. One thing we have noted, if you press mute (bottom right of screen) nothing happens, however if we touch the top right of the screen, radio mutes and mute button lights up.

I nipped it down to our local garage this morning, before going ahead off our own backs and purchasing a new screen from eBay, their advise was they do not know if the unit is coded to the immobiliser etc (got to call next weds once garage had a chat with his electrical guy) so if anyone can offer any advice on here, it would be very much appreciated.

TIA, Sammie

• Like 1

Start with the simple reset, It works far more often than you might imagine.

Disconnect the negative lead from the car battery and leave it off for 30 minutes (approx).

Reconnect the battery (make sure to leave the drivers door actually open, you don't want to get locked out). Wait about 10 minutes to give chance for all modules to power up and reboot. Then try your screen and see if there is any difference.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Start with the simple reset, It works far more often than you might imagine.

Disconnect the negative lead from the car battery and leave it off for 30 minutes (approx).

Reconnect the battery (make sure to leave the drivers door actually open, you don't want to get locked out). Wait about 10 minutes to chance for all modules to power up and reboot. Then try your screen and see if there is any difference.

Thank you unofix, would we lose the radio and everything else though if we do it that way and it doesn't work?

No reason to loose anything, it's no different to if your battery went completely flat.

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

No reason to loose anything, it's no different to if your battery went completely flat.

Thank you, I'll get my husband to try it tomorrow morning and update.

• Like 1

One last quick thing, I seem to remember someone with a similar problem fixed it by ejecting the Map SD card and switching everything off for a few minutes.

It turned out that the Map SD card had become corrupt

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

One last quick thing, I seem to remember someone with a similar problem fixed it by ejecting the Map SD card and switching everything off for a few minutes.

It turned out that the Map SD card had become corrupt

Thank you, just asked hubby if he knows where the Map SD card is, but he doesn't, I don't suppose you can advise whereabouts it would be located?

Post a photo of your radio so I can see which model you have. I expect it is probably the one with the hidden panel if you can't see it.

See video below:

A bit of an update, we have removed the SD Card, no change.

My hubby is panicking about disconnecting the battery (neutral lead) as if it then asks for radio code or if he loses anything else, he's no way of sorting it out with the touchscreen not working. If this did happen, is there any other way of putting radio code in without using the touchscreen?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club