Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11 plate 2.2tdci mondeo dead

edd1910

Hi all. 

I am at the end of my tether. For years when the car has been sat it has taken a few or many attempts to start it. It would start and cut out. When it stayed running it would run rough for a while and then even out and run fine. Came to it last week and it would start but cut out every time. I have had it plugged in and is showing high fuel pressure at the rail. I changed the sensor for a volt sensor and now the engine just cranks. Doesnt fire. And yet with the old sensor re-installed it will fire and cut out. 

Any clue where to start looking please.

Thanks

Ed

• Confused 1

As in the fuel sensor? It was the one supplied by the local branch of sdl minorfern. I have no problem buying from ford of needed

Buy from ford, the fact that it runs with the original tells you its a poor quality part.

1 minute ago, Ecosport2019 said:

Buy from ford, the fact that it runs with the original tells you its a poor quality part.

Thank you. I will order one. But what would cause this problem to have been present for so long

Who knows, i just think your new part is crap🤣, sorry

When did you last have the fuel filter replaced?

18 minutes ago, Ecosport2019 said:

When did you last have the fuel filter replaced?

That was done at 85k it is now at 90k  the starting problem has been present since 30ish k. Used to only be an issue in cold weather. But this last year it has been every time it has been stood.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club