Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powers gift Gearbox Service

nasan

Hey

Still a new Ford owner. I wanted to know more about this gearbox service. Does one need to purchase the service parts from Ford? I am not looking to skimp out, I am just wondering. Also, is anyone able to tell me how much ford is charging for the gearbox oil? Also, could any other mechanic do this? Sorry, new to all this automatic gearbox stuff. 

Thank you

Nas

The cost of the oil is reason for it being an expensive job (every 37,500 miles or 3 years, whichever occurs first). Labour time is around an hour, Total main dealer cost around £300. I would only use main dealer oil and filter

Any half decent technician should be able to do it in my opinion. Also Volvo dealers as Volvo use same trans in some models.

Loads of info on the net.

Here is one example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CERqRSK2SWM

When you get the oil filter off let it drain down for 24 hours then very carefully examine it for miniscule white/cream plastic type bits - if there are any it is first signs of the front clutch breaking up

• Like 1

Nasan, just ooking at your previous posts suggest you are confusing the situation

What model Mondeo do you have, I tried to explain in your prev posts

If you have a Mk5 Mondeo and it is petrol then your trans does not need a  service as it is a 6F35 torque converter trans

If you have a Mondeo Mk5 Diesel then it does need a service as it is a Getrag Powershift 6DCT450

• Like 2

Hey

Thanks for the response. Okay, mine is a 65 plate Mondeo 2.0 ecoboost (petrol). I had assumed this was a dual clutch 6 speed. Is this a torque converter gearbox?

• Like 1

I hoped my comments in your previous threads/posts answered your question, but apparently not quite clear enough.

Right, you have a 65 plate Mondeo - this means it is a Mk5 Mondeo

It is a 2 litre ecoboost petrol - this means it has a torque converter type transmission that officially does not need any servicing. It is called a 6F35 Mid Range manufactured by Ford USA

Your vehicle does NOT have a Getrag Powershift 6 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission

• Like 1

....so will the OP's gearbox still be OK if he doesn't get the dual clutches serviced 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Hey

I do apologise, sometimes my Autism and Dyslexia causes some confusion. It's not anyone's fault, it's just the way I am. Thank you for being patient and responding to my message, I mean that genuinely. Not too many people bother to put up with me.

• Like 3

No worries Nasan - if your happy, we are happy - drive on and enjoy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club