Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One brake light on drivers side not working

ak47mh

Hi, hoping someone can help diagnose the above issue with my 2013 Ka. The orange bulb light came on and message on the dash said to ‘check stop lights’ and I noticed it was out on the drivers side when pushing the brake pedal down.

I replaced the bulb today, but still the same error message on the dash and it isn’t working on the one side. However the bulb comes on if I put the fog lights on and I replaced with the original bulb which also makes it come on with the fog lights. So I think the bulb itself is okay.

is it likely to be the brake light switch under the brake pedal? Just wondering has anyone else experienced this before I spend money doing this.

Cheers,

Ant

If it comes on when a different switch is operated (which is what you are saying) I think it's more likely to be the BCM.

More likely to be bad earth on the taillight cluster or corrosion in the multi plug on it.

Thanks both, really appreciated and was corrosion I think as tried to clean it and suddenly started working again🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club