Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In need of some sage advice

Recommended Posts

Good evening all. I was wondering could anyone help here. I’ve bought a 2009 Ford ka 1.3 tdci for her first car. I’ve found it easy enough to work on to change brakes etc. but when I put it up on the axle stands, I noticed this Rusty front section  

it’s on the front passenger side and I’m wondering 


1) what that part actually is

2) can it be welded to be repaired or is it best to replace 

I appreciate the help in advance everyone 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That part holds the front crossmember (radiator and bumper mount) to the subframe.  

I'm not sure of it's correct name.  Ford list it as 'filler' and eBay have them as 'longitudinal struts'.


As the front end is held on with very long bolts, you may be able to support one side at a time and unbolt them individually.  As a fairly major component, I'm not sure I'd feel safe having them welded.

This eBay ad shows them pretty well.



On an unrelated note, that sharp edge of the ramp in the tyre tread is making me cringe! :unsure:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had noticed that after I took the photo and got it straight down! Thanks Tom!! I’ll get it ordered. Really appreciate your quick response 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...