Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Mondeo Sony DAB radio aerial

AntonovAN12

I have a Mk4 Mondeo Sony DAB radio head unit that I would like to install into my Mk2 Focus.

I have connected and tested this unit by playing a CD. The sound works fine. I haven't been able to try the radio functions yet due to the aerial connections.

Does the Mk4 Mondeo use two separate aerials for FM/AM and DAB?

There are two Fakra aerial connectors on the back of the unit. One is white and the other black.

Am I correct that one of these is for FM/AM radio reception, and the other DAB? If so, which one is which?

I can order a connector from eBay to connect the Focus ISO aerial to one of the Fakra connectors for FM/AM radio reception.

Will DAB reception work if I connect an aftermarket DAB aerial to the other fakra plug?

I can now confirm that the black fakra plug is used for DAB reception. The white plug is used for FM and MW.

Here in London I was able to get good reception for all bands using the factory fitted Mk2 Focus roof aerial.

I could receive either DAB or FM/MW by swapping the aerial connector between the plugs.

I will order a single male to twin female fakra splitter lead to see if both types of radio will work without having to change the plug over.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the splitter lead and fitted the radio properly. DAB, FM and MW all work.

The reception isn't perfect, but the radio is usable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club