Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical problems

mark 1902

Yesterday as I got in my Mondeo before I even put the key in the ignition,my headlights were flickering.i put the lights on and drove home.when I got home and turned the ignition off the lights didn't go off, even though I'd turned them off..I got out of the car and walked round and noticed that the reversing lights were on as well..I got back in the car and messed around with the gearstick and noticed that the headlights went off when I put it into reverse..(only when the ignition was on)..I rang my Pal and he said it could be the reverse switch on the gearbox.. took it down and he disconnected the switch and nothing happened, the headlights and reversing lights were still on.. put the solus on and it didn't pick anything up from the scan.. I'm lost for what it could be..any suggestions?? Thanks mark..

Sounds like you have the common fault of water ingress to the Body Control Module. 

Is it an easy fix mate?? Thanks 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, mark 1902 said:

Is it an easy fix mate?? Thanks 

Not a quick fix and it can be expensive. Possibly needs a new screenwash pump and a replacement BCM. Check out the video below to understand the problem which is common on many Mondeo's of the 2012-2013 age.

• Like 1

Would never had believed it!

Might be worth taking out the BCM circuit board and see if it's possible to dry and clean it up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club