Do Not Sell My Personal Information

auto rear wipe when in reverse

alanfp

Hi

My rear wiper doesn't wipe when I select reverse and the front wipers wipe. The manual says it will do provided I select te appropriate setting in the menu, but Under vehicle/wipers I only have two options (courtesy wipe on/off and rain sensor on/off). The manual says there should be a setting rear wipe in reverse on/off - there isn't . Does anybody know if the setting is now hidden somewhere else or have Ford removed that useful function?

1 hour ago, alanfp said:

Under vehicle/wipers I only have two options (courtesy wipe on/off and rain sensor on/off). The manual says there should be a setting rear wipe in reverse on/off - there isn't .

I don't know if the Mondeo wiper options are different to the Focus Mk4 but I had to add the courtesy wipe option on mine, but the rear wipe in reverse option was already there.

Using FORScan it should be possible to enable the rear wiper in reverse option in the BCM and then also add the option to your display menu by going to the IPC and enabling the option for the reverse wipe.

• Like 2

I'm feeling decidedly smug. My 18 year old rust shed doesn't have any such 'menu' driven options, however, if my front wipers are on and I select reverse, my rear one just automatically activates. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club