Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help! Warm Starting Issue

leviathan

Hi, New to the forum. Always fancied a mk3 mondeo so I bought one a couple of months ago. Now have an issue and really need help.

First thing on a morning the car fires up perfectly and I can drive as far as I want.

Once I stop the car, it wont start again! It tries to but fails. Sometimes it will start and then seconds later fritters out.

If I leave it a few hours it will start again.

I have checked the following:

battery - Good

Ignition leads - Good

Crankshaft Sensor - Good

I dont know where the camshaft sensor is or the MAF sensor. If anyone has pictures that would be amazing please!

Car info:

1.8 Zetec Petrol

2000 on a y reg

80,000 miles

No modifications

I dont think its a fuel problem becuase when it starts on a morning its a dream to start and drive.

If it was the altenator I would expect the car to die as I drive it along.

If it was spark plugs I would expect to see the issue all the time, most of the time at least.

One other point of note: From time to time when I turn the ignition on, all the dials whip right around to the other side before returning to their home position and then to their actual current position.

PLEASE help, even if just with the location of those two sensors.

Thanks in advance

Hi, New to the forum. Always fancied a mk3 mondeo so I bought one a couple of months ago. Now have an issue and really need help.

Hi

Could be the ignition switch. If it is easy to change and not more than £20 to buy, I would try that.

you may have a problem due to the egr valve pumping exhaust gases into the inlet, when you restart it soon after switching off it takes a while for the exhaust gases to clear before it gets some fresh air to start on.

it sometimes happens on the mk3 petrol. try holding the throttle pedal open for a few seconds before starting to get some fresh air in there and see if she starts

I have checked the following:.......Crankshaft Sensor - Good

Hi

How did you check it ?

Also, did you check it when the problem occured ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club