Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cluster swap on C-max mk2

ZeljkoC

Hi..

Received many useful info on this site and now facing first problem, so i hope someone could help.

I decided to swap my cluster level 1a to level 3 for a bigger screen..

My original IPC is bm5t-10849-bce , and i managed to get a bargain for a BM5T-10849-LV from a focus 1.5 tdci with less km than mine, so adjusting km will not be an issue.

I have a problem that lcd display is black, everything else is working.

And forscan gives me code ipc 3000:00-2f

Is there a chance to be flashed right or are these two incompatible?

Thank you all in advance...

20240201_143737 (Copy).jpg

20240201_150549 (Copy).jpg

The replacement could just be faulty

I too suspected this, so the new lcd is on the way....

I was hoping to try so solve something software related..

If it was soft/firmware you would see the panel light up

I managed somehow to flash it right...so now everything is working..like in mk3.5 focus....without chime for sensors...will see if i can't live without....

• Like 1

Done few rides with the car and new cluster and im pretty amazad how good looking this item is., but..

for what i see i now have in C-max mk2 2014 a mk3.5 cluster and digital speedo, which is awesome, but the big issue is an analog speed gauge..

calibrated i think corectly, in test mode all ok, but when im doing 50km/h it shows 80km/k on cluster and 50 on digital...

everything else is ok, temperature ok, fuel ok, rpm ok....only the speed is not ok

What did i miss??

Check tyre and wheel size in central configuration and final drive ratio are all set correctly

I think i found the problem....wrong software on the cluster, if you look at 2 pictures you can see one have 100km/h straight up, the other on the other side....but how to know which firmware to upload...and which files i have on it...

the donoc car is   Ford focus 1.5   WF04XXGCC4GA04930 IPC

My cluster.jpg

Other cluster.jpg

My new cluster.jpg

FOCCCUS IPC 080224.jpg

It can be that the cluster was US...and i flashed it with EU firmware??

But where to find the right firmware and how to know what put on it??

Any idea where to download this files??

The US IPC having:

WH: BM5T-14C226-BE
SW: BM5T-14C026-BBB
PROM: BM5T-14C026-AKC
P/N: CM5T-10849-CTG

Suggested Update on the forum:
BM5T-14C025-BD - sbl (secondary bootloader)
BM5T-14C026-BBD - main
BM5T-14C026-ACC - graphic
BM5T-14C026-AFE - calibration

An American instrument cluster would not have a speedo marked in km/h

• Like 1

Then i really don't know what to flash to it....

I have this files on my original Ipc with small screen where everything works ok, even the speed gauge is correct, so it means that bcm and other modules are configured ok...what if i put same files onto the new ipc with big screen??   or is possible to know from my old cluster what new files are needed in order to work on new cluster??

Forscan my ipc orig small screen.jpg

Speed gauges tested by Forscan...works like a charm....im still trying to find some calibration files that will work on my cluster...

IPC speed gauge 0 and 50%.jpg

IPC speed gauge 100%.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my dear friends, i have another few questions. From PN on the rear my IPC is BM5T-10849-LV with speed 120km/h in the middle, but forscan and focccus tell me that PN is F1ET-10849-BLK, which has 100km/h in the middle and for this my cluster shows very wrong speed...did seller trick me with wrong item? can PN can be changed by flashing? or can i just replace the scale from F1ET-10849-BLK?  Any idea?? 

2  NEW CLUSTER.jpg

FW FLASH 010224.jpg

F1ET-10849-BLK 2.jpg

F1ET-10849-BLK.jpg

2 hours ago, ZeljkoC said:

did seller trick me with wrong item?

Yes. You can see that label has been tampered with. Probably pealed off another IC and then stuck on the one you have now.

I think it's easier replace complete back plastic...but yeah the sticker label is one, the PN on the cluster is another....

Is there any chance i get somewhere the speed numbers of BLK model??

20240201_150549.jpg

im in the uk and this is my next job on my car have the ford cmax mk2 with the rubbish clocks uprading them to the ph2 so nt as new as the ones you have is it just the case of swap over or what else would i need to do please. thankyou 

• Like 1

Really is an easy swap...but, it depends if you have parking assist ...you need to match the RPM gauge diesel/gasoline and Pre-lift or lift cluster...better first take your out and look at part number....

yeh i have park assist ive managed to get a set of clocks from exactly the same car with all the same things mine has my clocks are am5t but the set i have coming are bm5t 

Then will work....just be aware if you update the cluster with mk3.5 files ( bm5t are mk3 and f1et are mk3.5 ) you loose the parking aid sound and parking assist...but can be anyway easy to flash back...

so is it just the case of swapping them over then mate nothing else to do other than the mileage 

Hi friends...

finnaly sorted out..i was scammed by the seller and i hope somebody can help me...i need IPC eeprom dump from BM5T-10849-LV ( HW: BM5T-14C226-BE , SW: BM5T-14C026-BT ) , if anyone can help please....

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:45 PM, ZeljkoC said:

Hi friends...

finnaly sorted out..i was scammed by the seller and i hope somebody can help me...i need IPC eeprom dump from BM5T-10849-LV ( HW: BM5T-14C226-BE , SW: BM5T-14C026-BT ) , if anyone can help please....

If you're full license contact FORScan support, they'll help you

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club