Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-max 2011 1.6tdci multimedia/navigation display dead

nino206

Ok, guys this is my first post here. I'm proud ford owner and I'm happy with it. But after some problems with battery navigation display is dead(black) but audio and other functions are working. So model of display is am5t-18b955-dj, but after a lot of searching I'm unable to find the same model...but i found bm5t-18b955-dc...So will it work? I don't use bluetooth and voice and even navigation...but usb for audio is important.

rip out the head unit, fit something aftermarket, Ford media units have a long history of dying

It might not have all the same features.

In an ideal world the very last letter of the part should be the same or higher like 'k' or 'L' or 'm'

Better to use this part:

https://a1allcars.co.uk/shop/electrical-components/radio-cd-players/ford-focus-2011-2017-cd-player-dash-display-clock-sat-nav-am5t-18b955-dj/

Ok, so any other display with different number/letter probably isn't going to work like that what is already inside?

3 hours ago, nino206 said:

so any other display with different number/letter probably isn't going to work

Whats wrong with the one in the link I posted above it is exactly the same part as yours ?

If it only started playing up after disconnecting the battery try again but do a battery reset:

Turn on ignition but do not start engine

open bonnet

drop driver's window

Disconnect battery NEGATIVE cable and leave disconnected for 10 minutes

Reconnect battery and see if it's come back to life

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club