Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dealership service says ABS module is faulty

AstroGuardian

Dear all,

I have had an issue with my 2019 C-Max since a couple of weeks ago. When i drive and press the brake pedal and lift my foot up, it continues to brake for another 3-4 seconds releasing slowly. I think it is the front right wheel that is blocking and not releasing instantly.

I took it to the service at the Ford Dealer where i bought the car brand new and they say it is a faulty ABS module. For replacement they ask 2.100 euros. The car is under extended warranty but they insist that this warranty doesn't cover the ABS module.

I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible that it is not a faulty ABS module but something else less expensive? Is this really how a faulty ABS module expresses itself?

2. Is it really THAT expensive? I mean, that is so much money that is impossible for me to treat them at this time. The car is just over 4 years old with 60.000 km.

3. Is it dangerous to drive it like that? Can it go really bad during drive and lock up the wheels causing me to crash?

4. Isn't this a component of key importance and how come warranty doesn't cover it?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated. My life and work depends on that car, i bought it brand new so i don't have additional servicing costs and problems. For that reason i am driving it gently and cautiously and take really good care of it.

I guess this is just another dead Ford ghost forum

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club