Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Leveling - wrong panel ?

Shrek_35

Hi All,

I've recently took delivery of a Kuga 2020 ST Line X 1.5D.

I traded in a 18 plate Renault Kadjar and the dipped driving lights were a lot brighter , you could see a good 100+ yards in the dark in front of you , it would light up a rear number plate no problem , the Kuga isn't as good

I've tried looking for the switch to try and raise the beam , however it appears from looking at the drivers manual on ford website online my car is fitting with automatic headlamp levelling so I can't change anything , is there a sensor or something around the car I can look out for that confirms it's got automatic headlamp levelling , i leave my lights on automatic so they just come on as required , when i start the car in the evening the headlights come on but they don't calibrate/move ,are the lights ment to move when being first switched on to calibrate?

My Kuga doesn't have an Heads up display

According to a friend the headlight adjustment wheel is on the panel to the right of the wheel , but mine only has a button for the power tailgate / changing lights to sidelights etc / enable/disable fog lights and change the display brightness.

Has my car has the wrong control panel fitted ?

1 hour ago, Shrek_35 said:

from looking at the drivers manual on ford website online my car is fitting with automatic headlamp levelling so I can't change anything

That is totally true. 👍

1 hour ago, Shrek_35 said:

According to a friend the headlight adjustment wheel is on the panel to the right of the wheel

Older models with manual adjusted lights only.

Posting pics of your headlamp and lighting panel may help others to venture opinions.

3 types I believe were used but haven’t actually seen the base halogen level.

First editions would probably have the tech pack which also include the HUD.

I've attached a photo of my front light unit and also my lighting panel , how can you tell if the lights have been automatically adjusted?

I'm taking a wild guess here but if i leave them on automatic , they will actually adjust as i start the engine but as its bright they won't come on so i won't know if they have been adjusted , maybe switch them off for a few days and switch them on manually at night time and see what happens ???

Where is the sensor so i can try and locate them ?

20240218_162357.jpg

20240218_162421.jpg

4 hours ago, Shrek_35 said:

maybe switch them off for a few days and switch them on manually at night time and see what happens ???

The lights will always default back to the Automatic switch position after each full shutdown ignition cycle, as is now required by law.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club