Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant light and Engine management light

Clair-72

I’m hoping that I’m worrying about nothing but I’ve recently noticed on my daughters 2013 ka that the coolant light is illuminated, I’ve checked the coolant level which is fine, when driven it’s not overheating etc. As I said this car is daughters car and is rarely driven as she’s still learning and normally not driven at night, so it could be the case that it’s normally on but it’s not so noticeable in daylight but at night it is. Also the engine management light seems to be on but quite dimly again at night seems more noticeable. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.IMG_3521.jpeg.bb175be1870ab98db79ffe96e4cb61bd.jpeg

There's a fault somewhere, probably with cluster

Unfortunately, these KAs are 100% based on the Fiat 500/Panda so I would recommend popping over to one of those Forums as it could be a common problem 

53 minutes ago, Clair-72 said:

Also the engine management light seems to be on but quite dimly again at night seems more noticeable

That could just be light bleed from the very bright illumination. MIL is normally on or off

2 hours ago, Clair-72 said:

normally on but it’s not so noticeable in daylight but at night it is. Also the engine management light seems to be on but quite dimly again at night seems more noticeable.

This fault/problem has been reported quite a few times here but no one has ever come back with an answer. As Dave has said the car is really a Fiat 500 so normal Ford diagnostics programmes like FORScan don't work on it.

Thank you for your replies, I had no idea that the ka was basically a fiat 500, my daughter is going to be really disappointed at that news 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club