Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Park Pilot Malfuction error. check park pilot

Paul Farths

i All, 

I've just spent all day trying to work out why my Park Assist has failed on my MK5 Mondeo 2016.. I have an issue with the rear sensors all are not working. Checked the hardness and sensors and all seem ok. 

My next step was to try and find the Park assist module and this is where is where my search has stopped. 

On the mk4 its in the luggage area but nothing in the mk5. 

I have read a few places it might be in the fuse BCM but Im not 100% sure if this is true.

Is there anybody who has had the same issues or knows of the same issues ?? OR even if the PAM is in the BCM fuse internal ?? 

I would really appreciate anybody's help on this

thumbnail_IMG_9506.jpg

4 hours ago, Paul Farths said:

I've just spent all day trying to work out why my Park Assist has failed on my MK5 Mondeo 2016.. I have an issue with the rear sensors all are not working.

So what DTC's are logged ?

FORScan must be giving information as to what has failed.

Ford scan just says rear has failed.. I have checked all the cable and the sensors and there is no break and all sensors give the same reading and not none broken either.

Getting voltage down to the sensor.

non of the sensors front or rear working.. I wouldn't have thought one sensor fail would put the whole system out. Hence why I'm thinking its the module ?  

2 hours ago, Paul Farths said:

Ford scan just says rear has failed..

FORScan would have a DTC and an explanation of the likely fault, it would not just say "rear has failed"

Admittedly the scan didn't say that exact comment its was just my interpretation, ill plug it back in and get the exact reading (if thats ok ?)  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:12 PM, Paul Farths said:

Ford scan just says rear has failed.. I have checked all the cable and the sensors and there is no break and all sensors give the same reading and not none broken either.

Getting voltage down to the sensor.

non of the sensors front or rear working.. I wouldn't have thought one sensor fail would put the whole system out. Hence why I'm thinking its the module ?  

One sensor faulty and the whole lot shuts down. 

• Like 2

Thanks 

On 3/12/2024 at 7:11 AM, iantt said:

One sensor faulty and the whole lot shuts down. 

How do I clarify which senor if faulty, I have tested the rears and they are all giving me the same readings?

I did buy the car like this but the front did register when I first parked the car up

Use the software FORScan and it will tell you exactly which sensor(s) have failed.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorted this out int he end, thanks for the advise. front sensor out did it with ford scan and eventually figured out the correct sensor. Im amazed than one faulty sensor put the whole system down  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club