Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door lock cylinder retaining bolt

TheBigIg

Hi all,

My '16 C-max dealt me a pleasant surprise yesterday when the locking cylinder part of the driver door handle came out. Upon inspection, the retaining bolt accessible through the capped hole in the door side is completely missing.  I have no idea how such a long screw/bolt could work its way out! Anyway, I have looked online to try and find this part number in order to work out what size it is but to no avail so does anyone know what size this retaining bolt/screw is please? I am hoping it is as simple as getting a new bolt and tightening it back up again.  Would be interested to hear if others have had this issue....

Many thanks,

Ig

You would be better buying a second hand door latch assy and take the bolt from that one

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave - thanks. Seems a bit overkill for the sake of one torx bolt, no? Someone must have taken one out before....... (he says with fingers crossed) 

Probably not, they normally have a collar fitted to prevent full removal

• 2 weeks later...

Which makes the disappearance of it even more puzzling!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club