Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 kuga 2.0tdci replace wheel studs and oil pressure co

michaelburrows

two jobs i need to tackle.   1st is i need to replace a knackered front wheel stud, can this be done by just tapping stud out or will the whole hub and bearing unit need to be removed to do this??   and 2nd job, the oul pressure control solenoid needs changing due to limp mode. iv watched a couple of you tube vids on how to do this but on one it says it can just be unbolted from the oil filter housing and with a bit of wiggling it will just come out.  other says that air con compressor and pipe will need to be removed too thus involving air con regassing etc.   has anyone any ideas on these 2 jobs please.  TIA

this is not the correct detail for my car.   mine is a 2017  2.0 tdci duratorq 150bhp engine. 

If I can have either your reg or vin, I will be able to get the specific details from Ford for you (I have a 2017 Galaxy 2.0 TDCI T7CL) which is why I figured the 2.5l was wrong? should be euro 6

reg.  BD17DVH

and yes its euro 6

I can only find relevant details for the EOPT? not the pressure solenoid?

I've included the details, If you can see the specific item, let me know & i'll pull up the details to suit?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

WF0AXXWPMAHM79009 Info.pdf

The solenoid should just about fit under the AC pipe, unless the Kuga pipe connector is different to the Mondeo one.  You will need small hands and tools though.

For reference, you can generally unbolt an AC compressor and support it on rope or bungee cords without having to open the pipework, so no need to degas & regas the system.

As for the stud, Ford don't offer replacements but many of the studs can be tapped out and replaced with aftermarket parts.  Some studs are press fitted so can't be replaced.  Best idea is to try tapping the broken one out.  You will need to measure a full length one as they come in different lengths for different models.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club