Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf fault p2463 code

xdazx

Me engine management light keeps coming on then the engine service light comes on and it looses its power. I get faults cleared and after a couple miles comes on again.. couple days ago it had a regen but now engine management light just come back on after couple miles again. I put my meter on and it allways shows p2463

• Sad 1

This code is often caused by a DPF reaching the end of it's life.  They fill up with ash over time, making the space for the soot smaller & smaller.  The car cannot tell whether it is ash or soot in the DPF, all it can tell is the level of blockage.  

On a 2008 car, if it's the original DPF, I expect it needs to be removed now and either backflushed or replaced.  You can try a DPF cleaner that gets squirted directly into the DPF first.  Though if it is ash rather than soot, there's no way of clearing that on the car, the particles are too large to fit through the DPF core. 

Don't bother with the fuel tank DPF cleaners, they aren't anywhere near as effective.

I would recommend checking the thin DPF pressure pipes for any splits or blockages as well.

• Like 1

It a 2014 (64plate)

1 hour ago, xdazx said:

It a 2014 (64plate)

Ok, is that Mk4 or Mk5?  Which size engine?

The same still applies regarding pressure pipes and potential DPF cleaning on the car, though less likely to be full of ash at 10 years old.

If it's a vaporiser model, that may be faulty, preventing regens completing fully.

Mrk 4 i think 2litre

Ok, if it's 2.0 Mk4 it probably does use a vaporiser.

Still recommend checking the pressure pipes first.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club