Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Problem ?

kitbag

HI all long time since i have been one here,

Can anyone tell me what this sounds like and how much it mite cost to fix.

Car = Ford Mondeo 02 plate 140000 miles on the clock 2 lit TDCI

when i run the car with the clutch out there is a lot ot ratteling comeing from the

engine, when i puch in the cluch it goes, when driveing the car runs ok no loss of speed

and gear change is fine , its a bit ruff at low speeds , a bit like if it was petrol then i would think one of the spark plugs needed changed .

thanks for any help.

Ian

hi there, it happends with mine Mondeo ( 1.8 petrol engine )..brand new slave cylinder cure the problem. Cost me arround €90 for the part ( not genuine Ford part )but hey,I'm living in the Rip Off Republic of Ireland!! it will cost you a lot less in UK.Did't pay any money for the job...I've done it myself.Good luck!

Sorry dude, i meant to say clutch release bearing,but sometimes the springs on the flywheel start to rattle as well and i would say you have to change it.But then when you take down your g/box,have a look at the flywheel,clutch disk and the release bearing and replace them if needed..but if you don't know notting about that,then you drive down to the garage and let them do the job,but you make them give you a warranty,for the money you will pay them and for you own peace of mind.Hope you get it sorted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club