Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SILLS

kaylee

hi ive recently just noticed that my drivers side sill has rusted with lots of holes in, do you think it would be an expensive job to fix as i am looking at getting rid of it soon but no it wont pass an mot in its current state :unsure:

hi ive recently just noticed that my drivers side sill has rusted with lots of holes in, do you think it would be an expensive job to fix as i am looking at getting rid of it soon but no it wont pass an mot in its current state :unsure:

take it to a local garage as sometimes they can cut out the old rust & plate over the holes.

otherwise you can get a replacement sill quite cheap but expensive to get fitted.

best to see if you can get it plated over then paint both cills black.

mine had several holes in it & got it srted by a local garage

it sometimes looks worse than it actually is m8

• 1 year later...

Hi I got a Similar problem with my X reg KA.

It failed it's MOT through Rust:

Offside rear (outer sill) Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded, and Offside front (member) Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.

Any Help as to how much this could cost?????? Or as to how it could be fixed????

Thanks

Hi I got a Similar problem with my X reg KA.

It failed it's MOT through Rust:

Offside rear (outer sill) Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded, and Offside front (member) Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.

Any Help as to how much this could cost?????? Or as to how it could be fixed????

Thanks

you need a replacemensill they can be bought cheaply and simply the old sill is cut off if it has a few holes in it no welder will plate the holes as once you start cutting the rust out theres nowt left of the original sill a full sill will be placed in place clamped and then welded at the original joins so that when its done youll have no idea it looks original but you then have to get it painted etc the cars worth around 500 quid the welding plus parts minus paint 150 quid per sill then painting added to that will be a bit of a waste if you insist they will plate it it will be a cheap job but at least youll get it shifted nowt unusual these kas are honestly rust buckets and trust me ive seen a lot just like youres at least youre seat hasnt fallen through the floor

i said cut out rust as it depends where it's situated on the sills

a garage will only do it if it's gonna be safe if the garage is any good that is.

i would see what the garage says about sorting it prior to getting new sills

i said cut out rust as it depends where it's situated on the sills

a garage will only do it if it's gonna be safe if the garage is any good that is.

i would see what the garage says about sorting it prior to getting new sills

im basing that on the fact she said lots of holes in it since i cant see it im giving you the worst case scenario which is new sills if its just in one area that you have holes not over the whole sill a simple plate can be welded on to it just make sure you underseal it from behind and paint it on the front to protect it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club