Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rad Fan & P0125 & P1432

andybaz

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17161

Hi all, above is a link that i may have put in wrong place. Mondeo 2.0 Duratec HE 51 plate

To sum up my problem, tonight, go out to my car, been standing all day, start up, within about 20-30 secs set the temp guage to MAX hot and blower speed MAX,bear inmind the car is STONE COLD,and the RADIATOR FAN cuts in, now i should think this is wrong, the a/c is off.

Coolant level is ok, no leaks etc etc.

Pluged in my diagtool, pulled codes P0125 & P1432.

Dont spose any one has had this sympton ? cheers andy

your mondeo will have a temp sensor in the thermostat housing?

I'm assuming it is a grey multiplug 2 wire unit,in the alloy housing under the coil pack on the right hand side of the engine/head on the rear face.

im not sure what it looks like to be honest but i have heard of that playing up with similar results

Hi Andy

sounds very much like no anti-freeze and has frozen.

tom

Good morning, antifreeze present, system not frozen, all rubber hoses soft - no frozen fluid.

Look forward to any other views, will keep updated on progress.

Cheers andy

Update, cleared the codes, fitted new temp switch (genuine ford),cost me £11.84 inc vat, trade :D , not sure what the retail is.

Now we start up and runcar untill cooling fans cut in,my diag tool connected, shows fan cut in with rad on at 107 degress and drops the engine temp to 80 degress, well it is cold today. I let the fan cut in twice, all hoses & rad nice an hot and then operated internal heater system,all appeared good, left to run with max heater speed and max hot again the fan cut in at 107 degress.

NOOOOO !!!!!!, my diag tool then showed temp droping down to 57 degress,the gauge in the car droped from the mid point 12oclock position right down to max cold on the temp gauge, my diag tool showing 57 degress,ALL HOSES & RAD NOW STONE COLD.

Cooling fan runing again, although pipes are stone cold, aircon system turned off BUT when the car was running NICE & HOT the a/c clutch was kicking in, so the a/c system was operating when the car was nice and warm.

Beginning to suspect a possible thermostat problem, next stage is take it to the dealer with the know how.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club