Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving From A Ghia To A Titanium

archie2000

Hi guys and gals, new on here even though I have had mondeos for years.

I am about to trade in my mk3 54 plate 2.0 TDCI Ghia saloon for a mk4 59 plate 2.0 TDCI Titanium.(this will be my 5th mondeo)

I have had 5 faultless years with my Ghia, racking up just under 90k miles with the only major jobs being two new front discs and a new aircon radiator.

What I would like to know is, are there any 'features' or known issues that I should be aware of with the mk4 mondeos?

The car I am buying has got the optional sports pack fitted.

Cheers

archie

Archie I have the Titanium X estate car With its 18 inch wheels and the dreadfull roads We have in the UK Be assured the sport suspension is not the way to go !!! The ride and way the car copes is reasonable with just the normal suspension. Throw in the much harder damping and spring rates that the Sportpack brings to the party and the car becomes very unpleasent unless You like bieng bounced around.

This has been covered in some depth on other Forums and Many owners end up trading again to get rid of the harder ride the sport pack gives...

No real issues with My car only minor niggles.. Great motorway economy. Not quite so great round town.. Make sure You get front and rear park sensors as this is a big car and visibilty is not great because of the cars high waistline. My 2009 Transit is a far easier Vehicle to park..

The Sony DAB Radio is a really worthwhile touch as well Superb it is !!

Hi Charliefarlie, thanks for replying.

Well, I have picked the car up now, and to be honest, I am delighted with it.

I can't say that I have found the ride to be harsh, but then, I haven't really covered that many miles yet, and the roads are half decent round here. I am not convinced at this point that the sports suspension has been fitted. Is there any way I can tell for certain?

Again, not had the car long enough to comment on fuel economy, so watch this space.

I am fitting parking sensors next weekend, as I had these on my Ghia, and yes, they are essential, more so with this model......

Absolutely blown away with the Sony audio system, great sound and connectivity.

Not really relevant but I went from Ghia to a Titanium in fiestas. B)

Hi Charliefarlie, thanks for replying.

Well, I have picked the car up now, and to be honest, I am delighted with it.

I can't say that I have found the ride to be harsh, but then, I haven't really covered that many miles yet, and the roads are half decent round here. I am not convinced at this point that the sports suspension has been fitted. Is there any way I can tell for certain?

Again, not had the car long enough to comment on fuel economy, so watch this space.

I am fitting parking sensors next weekend, as I had these on my Ghia, and yes, they are essential, more so with this model......

Absolutely blown away with the Sony audio system, great sound and connectivity.

Mate go to the Ford ETIS website. You can enter Your reg or chassis number and eveything will come up Date built, Date registered all of the specs and colours trim, paint, etc etc ,,,,

Brill, thanks for that Charliefarlie.

It appears that I do have the sports tuned suspension fitted, but as I said earlier, the ride feels ok for me. Perhaps I'm not a purist like some owners and find it difficult to feel the difference.

I would probably need to drive both cars one after the other over the same stretch of bumpy road to notice anything.

Cheers matey

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club