Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Brakes

daddy5times

:angry: AS TITLE A PAL OF MINE CHANGED THE REAR PADS ON MY MONDEO MK 3 since then ive almost no brakes under foot theres a bit of resistance when engine isnt running but when i start it up theres nowt untill my foot is on floor then there almost nowt ive had a quick look and the rubber thing on the piston thats on the rear caliper is all ripped could this be the cause ??? please any help appreiciated

Bleed the rear brakes starting with the drivers side, the rubber you are talking about is a dust cover only and should not affect the brake preasure, but it is advicable to get the rubber changed as it also keeps water off the piston, pump the pedal till it goes hard and bleed the rear brakes and see how you get on

also forgot to mention when he did the rear pads the piston came out and some fluid also he screwed piston back in then did the pads ?????

Sounds like you do need to bleed them, but before you do, you'll need to replace those piston seals, they'll only get worse now they're damaged.

Sorry to say this but it sounds like your mate didnt know what he was doing, theres no need for the piston to come out unless it's screwed out, deffo the brakes need bleeding beecause with the piston coming out has put air in the system,but you do need to bleed both rear brakes, I wounder if he fitted the pads correctly aswell, because theres a certain way of fitting them.

Ps: when bleeding the brakes make sure you have somebody topping the slave cylinder up at the same time because if you let the fliud go down to much you'll end up bleeding the full system.

i didnt have a clue what to do it all started because handbrake wasnt working right handle was coming right up and hardly holding on a hill we had a look and pads were low almost to metal he just said he put a different piston in because the old 1 was corroded and uneven (would nt hold pad right ???) ive just spoken with him and he said same as you fishpond 47 they would need bleeding but he didnt do it cause it looked like bleed nipple thingy would snap off if he tried to loosen it

they would need bleeding but he didnt do it cause it looked like bleed nipple thingy would snap off if he tried to loosen it

as asaid earlier, 'dont think he knows what he's doing', he shouldnt have given you the car back without any brakes, my advice is to take it to somebody who knows what there doing, brakes saves lives and somebody who dont know what there doing could cost you yours.

SORTED i went online and looked up how to do it followed instructions and now done bled both rears as i was told earlier and now have brakes back thx all 4 your help yippeee

ok you have brakes NOW what about if seal leaks and you run fluid resovoir empty?? then NO BRAKES AT ALL. i really would take ot to an mot testing station and have its brakes checked and tested for balance and efficiency. if your right wheel works better than left and you brake hard in wet weather you will be spinning like a top. don't risk your life (and others) for the price of a few beers, regards steve

Also keep an eye on brake fluid levels etc too now, as if some seals have gone and is letting fluid by, you'll soon find your self in all sorts of bother.

Glad its virtually sorted for you too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club