Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This The 6000 Model Radio?

AndrewGoldy

Hi guys,

The short story is that I want to find a compatible iPod adapter for my radio in my Ford Focus 2007.

I think that this radio is the 6000 model, although I don't have the audio manual for the car, so I can't confirm this.

I can play normal CDs, (not MP3 CDs), and I can't see a button for a CD changer, so I don't know if it can support that or not. It also has an AUX in 3.5mm in the glovebox - if that is of assistance.

I've attached a picture of the radio to this post.

Any ideas? Please help!

post-23911-0-47669000-1308410591_thumb.j

This is the 6000 model, Most adaptors are for older models (also called 6000) as installed in the Mk1. They will not work with this ( the changer control, which the adaptor needs to emulate, is different).

I think there was something from Dension, but at cost, and only offering skipping from the radio and steering wheel controls, and the possibility to change the first 6 albums or playlist - as the CD changer protocoll does not offer any additional controls (like browsing, and displaying ID4 tags).

Thanks ... but your post is a little confusing!

Will the adapter work with my model, or are you saying that the adapter will be limited/won't work at all?

Are you saying that the changer control is different? To what?

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I bought the following adapter kit from Dension

Gateway 300_CAN (with text capability) Cradle/Cable Included (gw33fc1) (Dock Cable (IPO5DC9))

Ford, Focus Mk2, 2004-2007, 6000CD with AUX button

The problem is that the adapter which goes into the radio does not look like the adapter in the installation manual. I've attached a picture of the radio, and the adapter for the radio.

Perhaps you can let me have your suggestions as to what I can try?

Perhaps there is a different dock adapter cable which I can purchase from them which will work?

I've confirmed with the manufacturer that I do have a Ford, Focus Mk2, 2004-2007, 6000CD with AUX button. I've also attached a picture of the front of my radio so that you can see it up close.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

post-23911-0-39076800-1314368739_thumb.j

post-23911-0-06324200-1314368804_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club