Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Levels

timjingle

Hi guys im in need of help,

Iv'e just bought a KA second hand '98' for my other half, I noticed wen doin the checks that the engine coolant level was low so I topped it up with water and went to the garage to get petrol, when I was walking back I noticed that water was dripping on the floor, I put it down to residue, We went for a drive to wales and back but wen I checked the engine again the coolant level had dropped to below the min line, I have now topped it up 3 times and 3 times the level has dropped below the min line but not gone altogether. Also the heater in the car isnt getting warm......is this related or seperate problems.....can anyone shed some light or have I bought a dog!!!!!!

Cheers Al. :D

Hi guys im in need of help,

Iv'e just bought a KA second hand '98' for my other half, I noticed wen doin the checks that the engine coolant level was low so I topped it up with water and went to the garage to get petrol, when I was walking back I noticed that water was dripping on the floor, I put it down to residue, We went for a drive to wales and back but wen I checked the engine again the coolant level had dropped to below the min line, I have now topped it up 3 times and 3 times the level has dropped below the min line but not gone altogether. Also the heater in the car isnt getting warm......is this related or seperate problems.....can anyone shed some light or have I bought a dog!!!!!!

Cheers Al. :D

Were was the water leaking from? The heating issue could be your heating control valve which is located in the bulkhead of the engine easy to test that get your car up to operating temperture turn your heaters on and have a little feel of the pipes that run from the heater control valve to see if there warm has well has the pipes that run from your coolent bottle if there all nice and warm.

Thanks for the reply, the water was leaking/dripping from the underneath of the engine, i first thought it was from the window washer container as it doesnt have a lid, but as mentioned the water level on the coolant container had dropped below min and has done so each time ive filled it up, each time dropping below the min line but not emptying altogether it just seems to stop below the min line ..... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club