Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A Mondeo

RyanZetec

Hi everyone :)

First of all I'm new to the forum, I'm Ryan :)

I shall apologise now if I have posted this in the wrong topic or anything!

I'm looking at buying my first Ford as of tomorrow and just looking for some hints of you all thahave dealt with the Mondeo :)

I'm looking at a 2002 Mondeo TDCI 130 zetec s

It's done 130,000 which I appreciate is a lot

FSH and receipts etc etc.

What are the most commons faults with the car? Anything I could physically check?

Thanks ever so much

Ryan

some of the common faults are,

injectors - the delphi injectors are not the most reliable and often loose there code or pack up all togeather so look for black smoke

aux belt - this can start to vibrate,you have to replace the belt and pulleys to cure, sound like a drumming noise on tickover

egr valve - these can become choked and give out fault codes, its a simple job to clean but a messy one

intercooler hose - these can split creating black smoke and a flat spot at around 1800rpm, its the big hose from the bottom of the egr valve

alloy wheels - these can flake because of the brake dust eating into them

any kind of rattle or noise from the clutch area could be a failing DMF at around £800 to replace not cheap

starter problems is also another sign of a failing dmf as the swarf blocks up the starter

and because of the weight of the engine front tyres will not last much more than 14000 miles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club