Do Not Sell My Personal Information

03 Tdci Mondeo Fuel Pump

izools

Problem:

Fuel pump gone on 130BHP Automatic TDCi Mondeo, '52 plate (2003) - is the one with a "blue" fuel temp sensor, ford part number 1379365

Local ford main dealer quoting nearly £1,000 for the part. Trying to find a unipart or reconditioned part but seriously, does it even exist?

There is another part available for less than half the price but this is for the pump with a green fuel temp sensor - not blue.

Am I missing something? How can I source this part? Does anyone know the Bosch Delphi part number for it perhaps that would make it easier to source?

• 6 years later...

Hi All, just for completeness if anyone is doing a search with a similar query, then the BLUE fuel temp sensor has GOLD plated connectors, and the GREEN fuel temp sensor has TINPLATED connectors.

The corresponding plugs should also be like-for-like to avoid dissimilar metal corrosion.

I think BLUE connectors were phased into production around the facelift time...53 plate 

I guess it would be possible to switch temp sensors if the only available pump has the wrong colour...there don't seem to be many pumps with green sensors on the bay at the moment.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club