Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Flight Steering Wheel

Tetro

Hey all,

I bought an 02 plate Fiesta Flight a couple of months back - replaced a S plate Ka. Basically, I'm just over 6', when I'm driving my knees are scraping the steering wheel!

Just wondered if anyone had any solutions. The seat is as far back as it'll go, and everything in the car is standard issue as far as I'm aware. Is is possible to adjust the steering column in this model? Or anything I can buy to help me out?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Hey all,

I bought an 02 plate Fiesta Flight a couple of months back - replaced a S plate Ka. Basically, I'm just over 6', when I'm driving my knees are scraping the steering wheel!

Just wondered if anyone had any solutions. The seat is as far back as it'll go, and everything in the car is standard issue as far as I'm aware. Is is possible to adjust the steering column in this model? Or anything I can buy to help me out?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Hi is your shape the mk5 shape if so if you feel under the driver seat on the right theres like a lever not the one that makes the seat go backwards and forward there one on the right i think if you pull or push that this ajust the height of the seat i had this problem when i bought my fiesta and that lever seem to sort it out i am over 6ft meself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi is your shape the mk5 shape if so if you feel under the driver seat on the right theres like a lever not the one that makes the seat go backwards and forward there one on the right i think if you pull or push that this ajust the height of the seat i had this problem when i bought my fiesta and that lever seem to sort it out i am over 6ft meself.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Yes I do have that lever, I have knocked it down as far as it will go and it has improved things marginally. I’d still like to try and find an additional solution as I’m still having trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds familiar to me! :D I'm 6'4 and driving my little MK5 was quite interesting at first, like you my knee's scrap the steering wheel, and when I operate my clutch I have to move my left leg over as I engage it otherwise there's not enough space and I hit the steering wheel and get cramps in my leg lol.

Like Alan said adjusting the height of the steering wheel does help, if you're still having problems all I can suggest is pulling your seat back a little further. The one thing I do miss from my MK2 Punto was the adjustable steering column, it's the sort of thing taken for granted sometimes ;)

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club