Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3 Mondeo Ghia X Tdci Fuse Blowing? ? ?

tukshop

hey lads n lasses just a quick question, in my mk 3 mondy for some reason every now and again its blowing a fuse. the trip counter goes blank, the rev needle drops and the radio goes off. the radio wont come back on as the fuse blows in the glove box but after a few seconds of all this happening the trip counter come back on and the rev needle picks up. some times i replace the fuse its lasts weeks/months then others like today it blew 2 in a couple mins? ? ?

any ideas as to why this may be happening?

time to check for water ingress or a possible short circuit.

What fuse is blowing ?

Should it be the one that powers the cigarette lighter check that nothing conductive has fallen into it.

hey lads n lasses just a quick question, in my mk 3 mondy for some reason every now and again its blowing a fuse. the trip counter goes blank, the rev needle drops and the radio goes off. the radio wont come back on as the fuse blows in the glove box but after a few seconds of all this happening the trip counter come back on and the rev needle picks up. some times i replace the fuse its lasts weeks/months then others like today it blew 2 in a couple mins? ? ?

any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Hi mate,

A fuse will only blow for one of 2 reasons.

1, It is overloaded.

2, there is a short circuit, in your case an intermittent one.

Firstly have you added anything to the car and connected it to this circuit which could overload the fuse, and are you replacing the fuse with one of the correct rating for the circuit?

If you say no and yes to the above then you may have an intermittent short circuit. This could be a pig to find, but start by having a look at the wiring looms in general around the car, looking for any signs of chaffing against the metal work of the car. Are the looms free enough to move a small amount and not tight across brackets and bulkheads etc. I once had a fault on a Mondeo MK2 which kept blowing Aircon fuses, but only when i braked, it turned out to be the clutch slave cylinder bracket had dug its way into the wiring loom right down behind the engine, the effect of braking and slowing the car was just enough to make the bracket dig in far enough to short the wiring and blow the fuse. So this is an indication of the problem you are facing with an intermittent problem. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers...........Howard

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club