Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Wobble

melv1golf

Hi guys a little help is needed please. I have a 1999 ford cougar and it has recently developed what sounds like a wheel wobble, my initial thoughts were that it was from the front wheels but there was no movement on the steering wheel last weekend i drove with the seats down and it would appear that it is from the rear wheels, i did a bit of research and most people were saying try getting the rear wheels balanced so having recently had the front ones balanced i have just swapped them over but not a great deal of difference and surley if the rear ones needed balancing and they are now on the front i would feel it through the steering wheel. so far i have changed the drop links front and rear, had new ball joints on the front, new rear arb bushes, new track rod ends, and tracking done. i am positive that the bearings are ok as there is no movement what so ever and no noise from the rear wheels when jacked up and tested, i do however get a Squeaking noise every now and then when going over bumbs,also the rear brakes bind ever so slightly, with this in mind i am thinking could it possibly be that my brake discs are slightly out of shape causing the noise. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. One other point i forgot to mention is it has different size tyres on the front and rear dont know if this is normal?

Different size tyres on front to the rear is not normal. What speeds are you getting this?

When you say it has developed what sounds like a wobble, do you mean you are actually getting a wobble or vibration, or just a noise that sounds like one?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club