Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Tdci Glow Plug Flashing

poolshark1973

I have a 2005 ST TDci with the 2.2 diesel engine. The glow plug warning light has started flashing and the car goes into limp mode. If i turn thr engine off and back on again it runs fine for a while then does it again (usually when warm). I have had the car read and I'm told its the ECU that controls the turbo. You are talking mega money to fix this I'm told and I have a had time believing its such an expensive fault when the car still runs as sweet as anything.

Wonder if anyone else had this problem and open to any suggestions for further investigation. The car has done 51k and passed its mot last saturday including the emissions obviously.

Does anyone know a good independant Ford expert in the Chesterfield or Sheffied area that will look at it in good faith please?

do you know what the codes were? the actuator for the turbo is a common fault on the mondeo, but if this had failed you would have no turbo all the time. p132A is the usual code it throws up when the actuator is playing up, as i said try and find what codes the car is throwing up.

intrested to know what fault codes, sounds like the classic Egr failure.