Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Space/folded Back Seats For Wheelchair

leeposh

Hi,

My girlfriend is looking at buying a Ford Ka for her first car. Her mother is in a wheelchair in a home, so to take her out she'd need to put the wheelchair in the boot, with the seats folded down. I was wondering on the Ford Ka's, do both seats fold down together as one, or can you fold just one of the seats down so that you could also have a passenger in the back in the other seat.

Your help is much appreciated.

Lee

The Mk1 Ka is a 100% fold rear seat back as apposed to the 60/40 split ones that other cars have, if your referring to the New Mk2 then I'm afraid I'm pretty useless on the subject

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've never had the need to fold down the seats but I'm about 99% sure the mk2 also fold down all in one and can't be split, they're fitted together as one unit. I'd suggest a slightly bigger car with bigger boot.

• 2 months later...

Our 2012 Ford Ka Edge has 50/50 split rear seats which fold down.

My old mark 1 had a 50/50 split rear seat and I have just looked at the two parked on my street and both of them have a 50/50 split depend's on the model's some have some haven't,great little car's though I loved mine was sorry to let it go,I swapped it for a mark 2 another great little car,I would highly recommend either...