Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternator

dino50

Hi all i'm new on here, just wondered if anyone can offer advice. I have a 55 reg streetka and i need to replace the alternator. Has anyone done the same and if so what will I have to pay for the alternator.

Cheers Dave

I broke down of the A66 last year when the alternator packed up on mine. I was coming home from Scotland and had to stay an extra day in Middleton-in-Teesdale. It was an expensive, and worrying, diversion.

The alternator wasn't easy to get hold of as it's not a stock item (I have a 55 Winter 2 so it may have a slightly different one to the standard StreetKa), but the garage did eventually track one down following a lot of ringing around. And after £300 or so was handed over, I was able to continue to Cambridgeshire. The people at the garage, an independent old family firm (the sheds were the same back in the 1920s!), were very helpful and found me somewhere to stay, and they carried out the changeover as quickly as they could. The alternator is an exchange item, as the failed one can be overhauled.

Nick

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club