Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Tyre Pressures

rogerhaworth

My partner has a 2002 Ka with 165/60 R14 tyres. I had always assumed that the tyre pressures given in the owners guide were correct.

For this size tyre the owners guide states that front pressures for normal load should be 2.1 bar and this is the pressure we have been running the tyres at since we bought the car in 2002.

However today for the first time I noticed that there is a label on the inside of the fuel filler cover which states that 165/60 R14 front tyres should be run at 2.3 bar under normal load!

Which is correct? Does anyone know? Pictures of owners guide entry and label inside fuel filler cover attached.

post-31232-0-72515000-1331995773_thumb.j

post-31232-0-11656200-1331995857_thumb.j

I'd personally go with the sticker as the owners guide tends to be more generic.

Have you been having problems with excessive tyre wear on the outer edge of the wheels or heavy steering?

If yes then the tyre pressure would be better at the higher level, if no then i would not worry too much.

I'd personally go with the sticker as the owners guide tends to be more generic.

Have you been having problems with excessive tyre wear on the outer edge of the wheels or heavy steering?

If yes then the tyre pressure would be better at the higher level, if no then i would not worry too much.

Thanks for your comment. There was excessive wear on the inner edges of the front tyres but I think that this was a tracking problem which has now been cured. Unless anyone has the definitive answer I think I'll compromise and set the front pressures at 2.2 bar!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club