Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Strut Issue for MOT - Help needed!

yerdusk

Basically my dad has a V reg ka which on the last mot had an advisory for rear suspension struts need attention.

Mot time is now due and there is a large gap (about half an inch or so) between the rubber and the top of the strut in the car.

Does anyone have any idea what we will need to replace? We did think it might just require a spring, but not too sure, so thought I'd ask the experts lol.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

hi

the rubber mount inside the boot has a gap as std from all the other ka's i have seen.

i have a s reg & it's the same on the front & rear m8.

try a diffrent garage for your mot as this is not a mot faliure from what i have been told

by my local garage.

i maybe wrong but it does sound like your garage want's a bit of work out of you.

• 1 month later...
Basically my dad has a V reg ka which on the last mot had an advisory for rear suspension struts need attention.

Mot time is now due and there is a large gap (about half an inch or so) between the rubber and the top of the strut in the car.

Does anyone have any idea what we will need to replace? We did think it might just require a spring, but not too sure, so thought I'd ask the experts lol.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah, just did this job on my w reg KA. Needed to change the top mounting rubbers on both struts. This was easier than the front legs but you still need to remove each strut, use spring compressor, remove circlip, slide off old rubber, put on new, replace circlip and refit. There will still be a gap but around 10mm. I have my doubts whether it needed doping too but got it through the MOT. Parts were aroung £10 each for the rubber mounts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club