Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crankshaft Sensor Replacement..hows It Done ?

GR8GUY

Hi,

Has anyone replaced the crankshaft sensor in frord ka 1.3 53 reg (newer Duratec engine) ?

If so what is easiest way to do it ? Ive shone my torch at it from every direction trying to work out how to get at it. I believe its sitting just above the starter motor on front of engine. Do I need to remove starter motor or remove bumper ? :wub:

Hi delboy, Yes i seen that page earlier but it doesnt look anything like my ford ka engine. I can only see the wires leading to my sensor if I look downwards at an angle into front of the engine. Im struggling to work out how to get at it. Hopefully someone on here has done this before and can show me how its done.

i think its a case of doing it by feel rather that looking at it if you know what i mean

put on axel standsor ramps then get a friend to guide you to the part whilst your under the car if you need to be under the car that is.

if you have to remove the startor motor thats an easy coupl of bolts so maybe the best option

have a new sensor ready to fit m8 as you dont want to be doing same job twice.

its a on bolt fitting it the sensor so not too bad

Hi Del, I gave it a go and removed the starter but still had limited access to the sensor. To be fair Its probably not the best job to attempt lying on the driveway in wind and rain. Strange thing is once I put it all back togather the car started. Im guessing wiggling the sensor wires must have helped. I drove it straight to my mate at local garage to get him to fit it for me. He put it up onto the ramps and got to same stage as me.He then tried for at least 15 mins to get at sensor before giving up and putting on hold until morning. I bet he will be checking forums tonight :D Has anyone found an easier way to get at it ?

sounds like a dodgy connector. they tend to corrode due to the position of them. if poss get another connector & fit that.

i understand about getting under the car when it peeing down as i got to do my boys punto sport as it needs a new wishbone doing soon

as i done one side but it has not stopped raining to get out & do the dam thing.

keep us posted on how you get on m8

• 5 years later...

My daughter has a 57 plate Ka Zetec and the engine management light came on the other day and it is showing as a crankshaft sensor fault. I have got a new sensor from Andrew Pages and am hoping to fit it on Saturday. I've googled it but there doesn't seem to be too much information on how to get to it...is it a difficult job ??

Okay...so I managed to change the sensor yesterday, put it all back together and the car ran fine for about 20 miles but then started coughing and spluttering again and the engine management light came back on :sad:. Fault code P0335 is also back.

My bro in law, who runs his own garage, has suggested that I should try a genuine Ford sensor as he has had issues with aftermarket ones before, as the battery and wiring loom both look in good order.

Has anyone else had this issue ??

Okay, so I bit the bullet and forked out £75 for a genuine Ford sensor and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever :wallbash: , I've been told the fault could be anything from a dodgy connection in the wiring loom to an ECU fault, so have decided to cut our losses and have just part-exchanged the car against another one !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club