Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyfob Problem

darkening vii

Hi there, I'm having a intermittent problem with my 56 plated cmax ghia, where the car will sometimes lock/unlock but then no reason it will stop working. I have changed the battery in the fob, I have tried to reprogram the key to the car, I get the beep from the car but when I press the button on the fob there is no second beep.

Also sometimes when I get in the car and put the key in the ignition I get a lone beep, nothing seems out of place no error codes on dash on red/amber warnings, so it may be related? But as quickly as it started it will stop and go back to being fine!

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Steve thanks for the reply, I have 2 keys one blade key and one "standard" key the normal key no longer works off the buttons changed batteries ect, blade key works fine but will just stop working all of a sudden

Could be a faulty fob and transmitter, likewise I recently learned that the transmitter takes the key data and just forwards it onto the car, it could be that the information on the key is not being transmitted properly, possibly it keeps losing memory or similar, how healthy is the battery in there at the moment?

Well the battery has been replaced, and seems ok. Have a new key fob but not sure how you change them over as it has the transponder/immobiliser chip in it don't want to bugger it up lol

You can't really transfer them, well you can but if you think it's the remote that's the problem your better coding a new remote to it.

Check the battery contacts in the fob, they should be bright gold, if there is any discolouration at the contact points its due to poor quality coating or gold purity. Try gently cleaning them.

• 1 year later...

Well after almost a year of being ok it has now packed in again! Getting annoyed with it has any one ever changed the receiver behind the passenger reading light?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club