Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Build Date Change In Ford Etis

mkArtak

Hi everyone.

About a month ago I've ordered a DuraTorq 1.6 Diesel engine Mondeo (5 doors). The dealer told me that there is currently a strike on the Genk plant, so he advised to go on with a pre-built one, which, as he said, was already built there, but had not been taken out from the plant yet. So I agreed and he has told to expect it by 23rd of Feb 2013. I've looked up the car on Ford Etis, and it has been showing the build date as 28-th of November, 2012. Yesterday, I've looked it up again, and found that the date it shows has changed to 28 Jan 2013. Any idea what does this mean?

Also, I'm wondering whether anybody knows how the strike goes on: whether cars are arriving from plant or not?

Thanks a lot for your responses in advance.

dont know too much of the intracacies, but I would advise that its possible that your number plate was pre registered to a car but perhaps something either happened to the car, or it was an admin error...

If its the 28th Jan, it sounds like its in the pipelines...

Has your dealer mentioned anything?

No actually - nothing from the dealer!

The dealer just keeps saying - no news.

I think they're really waiting the car to be delayed and then to comment (after 23-rd of Feb).

So do you mean, that the car was already built on 28th of Jan then, or it's just showing up that date by an error?

I cant say for definite mate, if you have a reg number already, its most likely that either there was an admin error (i.e. put someone elses VIN against your reg) hence the earlier 28th November date, but it could well be that yours is now going though the process!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club