Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed! Fiesta Zetec Mk6? - Want To Replace Cd Player.

northcountryboy83

Hi,

I have a 2003 Ford Fiesta Zetec (Mk6 I think?) & wish to replace the CD player with one that has an aux port so I can plug in the iPod & play away.

The existing radio is 3 tiers & obviously can't just be taken out and replaced. What fascia would I need to source & what else might I need? Brother is sorting me out with a standard-sized CD player but don't know how easy it will be to replace.

Any help appreciated! I'm useless with this sorta thing.

Many thanks for looking!

post-42309-0-19885100-1364912659_thumb.j

Ther is also a video on youtube of how to remove i will try and find the link

You could also removed the old stereo and hacksaw the bars off the original fascia and buy a single din adaptor from Halfords but take my word for it (someone who has done it both with the proper Ford parts and Halfords equivelent) you're much better using the proper Ford fascia/single din adaptor. The Halfords one just looks cheap and tacky when its in

You could also removed the old stereo and hacksaw the bars off the original fascia and buy a single din adaptor from halfords

we did it that way, purely for the reason that it was the cheaper option (we had the new cd player plus cage and tray from previous car) if i was to do it again i would remove the whole dash part and cut it out and smooth the edges,

if you do decide to cut, remove the dash from the car and cut as it hard to cut with there being little room,

we did it that way, purely for the reason that it was the cheaper option (we had the new cd player plus cage and tray from previous car) if i was to do it again i would remove the whole dash part and cut it out and smooth the edges,

if you do decide to cut, remove the dash from the car and cut as it hard to cut with there being little room,

Yeah I found that out aswel lol I removed it and smoothed it down after but the extra storage tray that gain kept sliding out and not sitting correctly etc and the cage for the stereo didnt have much to hold onto so in the end just got the proper bits and was well chuffed with the result

haha we did the opposite, we cut the minimal out and when fitting the cage and tray it was more of a push fit therefore no chance of it coming out,

i presume with the ford parts the hole are cut exact therefore no problems with fitting

Yes mate you take the front fascia out then the tray bit/stereo slot which are all one piece screw to the dash and then you refit the fascia, ill get a pic of the finished product

post-37948-0-03775900-1365279889_thumb.j

Thats the proper Ford fascia and tray/stereo insert

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club