Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Petrol Egr Valve

fintious maximus

Decided to attempt a clean of the EGR valve yesterday to try and resolve the hesitation at 2000 revs so folowed the guide. Got the easy bolt out with no worries but couldn't get the rear bolt (towards back of car) off - how on earth do you get a socket or spanner in that tight gap?

Any suggestions would be most welcome - I gave up and put it all back together and replaced about a litre of coolant but don't like to be beaten so will try again......

yep i know ive done mine you need a ring spanner with bends in it as a open ender wont get on there properly its a swan kneck type spanner

Tried a swan neck but couldn't get it - maybe it needs a longer neck?

i take it you took off the water pipe underneath its the big 1 its fiddly old job try a spanner with multible nothes it the end cause you get a 5 notch and 9 i think so you dont struggle mine was on tight i had to loop a spanner over the other spanner for leaverage.i even tried a wobble extenstion bar on a small tiny 1/4 drive socket.but when you refit it make sure you put that bolt in 1st as theres not enough room to fit bolt in after the other bolts fitted 1st.mine was a long swan kneck spanner to.you just have to provail with it am affraid and dont forget new metal gasket aswell.if u gunna do it do it right 1st time cause it will leak. if you was in devon i would have helped you as ive done 3 so far mind you mines done 210,000 miles aswell lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club