Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calliper Colours

jacksargent93

So I'm picking some rims up Tuesday - and want to paint my callipers. At the moment on the inside my colour scheme seems to be Blue - so would it makes sense to do my callipers blue and drums silver?

Also - the alloys will need a refurb - would it be bad to get genuine ford alloys powder coated? Can you reverse a powder coat?

I think you would be best having all the brakes the same colour, it would look too mis matched otherwise IMHO.

I believe powder coating can be reversed.

Hi Jack,

What colour you painint the rims mate? I am picking up alloys myself monday and going doing my own refurb on them. And I am going painting my callipers Day-Glo orange same colour I have on my engine cover, but I am going spraying my alloys gun metal grey or / Black mate.

• Like 1

Yeah thats what I want done to my rims - like a matte black! I would do my own - but I wouldnt have a clue and they are in pretty bad shape 2 of them - but upload pictures of how you get on!

Orange would be such a nice colour - infact I would love to do mine orange. Quick question - do you have a colour scheme like picking two colours and modding your car with only these colours, or are you just doing whatever bit in whatever colour which would look good?

Cause I have blue LED's, Blue headlights so it just makes sense to get the callipers done blue!

Let me know your take on that :)

• Like 1

Yeah I will def upload pictures of the wheels mate, as you can see i do alot of spray work and thisngs on my car as it is so all the sanding and bits on the wheels all it willl is take time.

Regarding the colour scheme, I dont think I have one what I am doing is colour coding my car, front lower bumper, fog surrounds, door bump strips, rear bumper. And what I have done then is carbon wrapped my mirrors and door pillars (yesterday). I have then tinited my fogs yellow to break up all the silver at the front. I always had the idea that i wanted to do the callipers day glo orange so I have the paint with ages, so that is why I have doen the engine cover with it. So with the wheels I think that black would sit well under the fully silver car side look with orange callipers.

Have a look at my thread and see yourself what you think mate ; http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44536-went-mad-with-spray-paint-over-the-weekend/?hl=%2Bmad+%2Bspraying

• Like 1

I used a tin of dark blue Hammerite Smooth on my calipers and love the match with both the body colour and the blue centre caps. I got it for the calipers on my old Mondeo to match the centra caps on it and had loads left over to did them on the Focus too.

post-30295-0-03012600-1374140447_thumb.j

Not sure on the drums as I have rear calipers too...I know what James is saying about it maybe lookin mismatched, but I think sticking to somethin more subtle on the drums is a better option. Think Lenny has red fronts and silver drums, and he might have even done it whilst still on the same 16inch snowflakes you have, so his thread would be good viewing for you.

As for rims, mine are in desperate need of a refurb. Had always wanted anthracite/gunmetal shade, but with my car taking a kind of black and blue theme I'm thinking I'm gonna get them gloss black. I have the RS spoiler, wing mirror covers, and front lower lip and rear diffuser all in gloss black, so think black wheels will tie in well, and I'm gonna get round to the grilles and fog surrounds at some stage too. I hadn't really planned a colour theme, but it has just kind of fallen into place. I've even put carbon inlays into my ST badges to remove any hints of red!

Looking forward to seeing the results of the DIY refurb. Your work to date seems top notch. I'd love to have a bash at DIY, but just wouldn't have the time, patience or skill. Local-ish crowd do a full set, bead blasted back to metal and sprayed for €140 so that's in the pipeline.

• Like 2

Gary,

I am looking forward to the refurb myself ha as I got quoted €340 to do the full refurb on the alloys form a local supplier also and i think that is crazy as I could have alloys bought, refurbed and brand new tyres on for that price :)

• Like 1

I'm going to be doing my brakes in the next few weeks and I think that silver on the rear drum wud look OK. I originally wanted to keep them same color all round but looking at others on here I think for the drum to be silver it may look better and then that leaves it you can do whatever color you want on the fronts.

Like the alloys make really like the colour actually, is that the ford sea grey? or is it another manufacturer sea grey?

Yes its Ford Sea Grey , when i bought the alloys they was in a real bad way with loads of curbing and they was white ! this pic was the best one ,but got them refurbed and sprayed and they look good against the panther black of the car

post-35185-0-61855800-1374482143_thumb.jpost-35185-0-44246000-1374482238_thumb.j

Yes its Ford Sea Grey , when i bought the alloys they was in a real bad way with loads of curbing and they was white ! this pic was the best one ,but got them refurbed and sprayed and they look good against the panther black of the car

attachicon.gifimage (1).jpegattachicon.gifphoto (4).JPG

They look really well mate, I am getting alloys this eve that need to be refurbed so I am going doing it myself so was looking for a nice grey colour to go against the moondust silver car.

• Like 1

What about red mate? i got my alloys powder coated anthracite then painted the calipers matte red

post-17544-0-77716800-1374495624_thumb.j

if you want to do them yourself have you thought about using Plasti-dip seems to cover a multitude of sins on rims and you can remove it if your not happy and wont cost the earth to do

if you want to do them yourself have you thought about using Plasti-dip seems to cover a multitude of sins on rims and you can remove it if your not happy and wont cost the earth to do

Well mate, no have not considered plasti dip, is this available in a srpay can or eill it have to be brought to a professional to get it done?

you can buy plasti-dip in spray cans about £14 a can , have a look on youtube plasti-dip wheels/rims was considering doing this but when i bought the white wheels thought it would be better to have them sprayed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club