Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plug Alternatives

pullark

Hi,

The existing NGK plugs look a bit average so I thought I'd replace them. Was rather gobsmacked when I discovered these plugs are $20 each here in Oz. Seems a bit odd that a low tech and low performance motor should require such expensive performance plugs. They are long life plug but that's not such a great thing if they're left in the head for too long in 1.3 Endura .

Has anyone tried a less expensive alternative with the same heat rating etc as the NGK PTR5D?

Is there some technical reason why this motor needs these high spec plugs?

Look forward to the wisdom.

Cheers

only lists platinum for the ka, but it maybe possible to cross reference to non platinum.

but cost is probably cheaper for platinums as 1 set of them equates to minimum 4 or 5 sets of standard

if you go for platinum, just makle a point of loosening/retightening plugs during any other maintenance

• 7 months later...

Not sure how NZ dollars exchange to Sterling but NGK plugs are about 10 pounds each here in GB. My experience over many years having built high performance engines is that NGK are the best choice.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club