Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel Fitted

Fiesta1.25

Hi all, quick question regarding my mot, I have a set of standard zetec alloys on my mk6 fiesta, a have a slight buckle on one of my rear wheels, so I'm running on my full size spare wheel(steel) was just wondering if I take my car in the way it is, would it fail, even if they don't see that the alloy in my boot has a buckle(it's not that obvious a flat spot)

Thanks in advance for any replies and comments.

It could be seen as a failure if you have no preperation for a flat. stick a can of tyre weld in there, that should at least get you by. As long as all the tyres on the car are above legal minimum, then you should have no reason for this to be a failure point (as long as you dont have cords showing etc)

Cheers for the reply.... What I meant by a flat spot, is that there is a flat spot on the alloy(slight buckle), the tyre has plenty tread and is fully inflated,

If they ask the question , just say you had a puncture and have not put it back on the car yet , but as you say you have a full size wheel on there so should not be a problem.

Cool that's what I was hoping to hear, I will book it in for its mot and if they ask then that's what I will say.... Hopefully it will pass, then I can source a new alloy:-)

Cheers mate:-)

even a buckle wouldnt fail the MOT I dont think (or at least not a small buckle) if the wheel looks like a train ploughed into it, its different, but a small buckle is not enough to worry about anyway :)

Thanks jeebo, very reassuring, I can lower a new alloy from my list of priorities now, as my wee fez is costing a fair bit on garage bills, in preparation for its mot, had new handbrake cable, new rear brake shoes and new rear wheel bearings, now I think I can hear a noise coming from my steering :-( think I'll just put it in now and see what else it really needs without me throwing more money at it.

Always get a second opinion, don't take it to just one garage / brand of garage, and leave it at that, take it to a few and address only the issues that come up again...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I put my buckled alloy back on just for the mot, and to my delight it passed :-) well chuffed, just a silly wee advisory(handbrake needs adjusted) so if anyone has a spare standard mk6 zetec alloy available for sale, I would be really interested :-)

You could probably get that buckle removed by an allow refurb! glad that it confirmed it was a pass though! :)

You could probably get that buckle removed by an allow refurb! glad that it confirmed it was a pass though! :)

I might just decide to look into a refurb, the wheel in question is a bit grubby compared to the other three, so will price a refurb and second hand wheel and see what is the better buy.

If you have your spare on it, make sure it does not have the yellow sticker saying its limited to a speed, as they can fail it.

I bought an alloy wheel for £75 when I had one on my last focus Axle ground off!

£75 delivered was a bargain as I couldnt have got it refurb'd lol but you should find that you could get it refurbed cheaper than most wheels on eBay

Aye James I've been looking on eBay and I'm looking at £50 minimum for a half decent one delivered, but......

I have found a cracker on gumtree, for a complete bargain of £30, only thing is I have to make a hundered mile round trip to collect, small price to pay me thinks :-) I will just swap my tyre over to the new wheel when I get it, to keep all four tyres the same :-)

Sounds a plan Alan! round trip for a perfect bargain is worth it, as long as it is perfect!

post-35396-138314983354_thumb.jpg

Can't complain for 30 quid, some light scratches but all in all a complete bargain :-)