Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installation Help Please!

Mikey923

Hi everyone,

I'm after upgrading my head unit from a Sony Xplod to a Double Din DVD player with everything that I could possibly need, bluetooth, GPS, hands free ect.

Took a quick look at the wiring on a spare set of wires that came with the Sony, which fit in straight. Here's a picture -

post-45051-139190511495_thumb.jpg

post-45051-139190513791_thumb.jpg

Here's what the wiring looks like on the new one -

post-45051-139190517474_thumb.jpg

post-45051-139190518932_thumb.jpg

post-45051-139190520683_thumb.jpg

Can I just replace the attachment piece of the new wires with the old and fit straight?

Hi lads/lasses. Im new to this forum, so im not quite sure how it operates. I might be on the wrong section to ask a few questions....but here goes.

I have just bought myself a 2005 fiesta zetec and im not quite sure of the MK, possibly a 5 or 6?

On my bumper the tow eye cover is removed/stolen. Is this easy to replace ie, clipped on or screwed on?

Expansion bottle had a very small crack and was leaking coolant very slowly. I put some silicon on it to stop the leak. Is this a good resolution to repair it?

My ford badge on the rear of car is very grubby around the chrome, is this easy to buy (where) and easy to remove/replace?

Steering wheel is very untidy looking. All faded and bad looking, and ideas on how to fix if up?

I paid £1600 for a 2005 ford fiesta zetec with 60,000 miles. Was it a bargain or what ya think guys?

As you can tell from my questions im quite a newbie.lol.

Hi mike,

few questions mate,

first off, your from cork but is that a dubs duvet cover in the last picture? :D;)

All joking aside now:

The stock socket on the fiesta will be specific to ford,

You will need or you may even have already.. A crossover jumper cable.

Has fords socket on one side to fit your fiesta loom,

Then has universal sockets on the other end

you then plug your universal stereo loom in to the universal socket and that sorts out most of your loom.

On this stereo you will have additional cables to wire such as handbrake feed sensor, possibly reverse sensor and reverse camera.

But the conversion cable will supply sound to all Speakers, power and illumination i.e. the stuff universal to all normal stereo but the extra bits have extra cables

• Like 1

Hahahaha get away with that nonsense! :P

Thanks a million :)

• Like 1

Hahahaha get away with that nonsense! :P

Thanks a million :)

Go on da dubs :lol:

AA Road Watch Alert:

Cloud of black smoke causing poor visibility in cork due to man franticly burning a duvet and pillow screaming F U lenny :lol:

Have you tried just using the one that fits your car with the new head unit mate.

They look like the same connectors on the head unit end. One has a standard ISO connector and the other (modded) with ford connectors.

Personally I would use the unmodded cable and get an adapter cable for your car at Halfords etc.

I just swapped the cables.. Turned out fine!

post-45051-139195846481_thumb.jpg

Just has to be cleaned up a bit now.. The radio is getting bad signal, think it's because of interference from the other wires because it's fine when it's away from the others.

post-45051-13919585811_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know what wire I can use to join my Sub Amp Remote wire to? The blue wire didn't seem to work.

And also what wire is the handbrake connected to? It won't play DVDs because because it's not recognising the handbrake is up.

• Like 1

If i was you,

Id purchase a 12v rocker switch and a bit of 5amp cable,

Fit the yellow to the switch and run it to an ignition positive feed,

You can then play DVD when driving aswell as parked

Can switch off the feature via the fitted switch.

Same for the sub feed you need an ignition live feed,

A positive from somthing that becomes live when the ignition is ON

Such as the positive on the heater control unit.

• Like 1

Perfect as always Lenny! Will try it this week if the wether clears up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club