Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grand C-Max Steering

Larne

I have had a Grand C-Max for two years and have always thought that the turning circle on it is really poor, making it very difficult to park. I part ex'd it for an older C-Max which had no problems at all.

Just interested to know if anyone else has had the same issue, or if it's unique to my car?

Hi Alison

Sounds like it would have been just your car to be honest. the G-C is a big motor so you would expect it to be slightly less maneuverable.

Thanks for your reply. I've taken the size of the car into consideration and I've driven much bigger vehicles in the past.

It feels like the steering wheel stops short and needs to turn another revolution or two. This car makes me look like a bad driver!

Next step is to test drive another G C and see if it's the same...

• 2 weeks later...

Definately the worthwhile way to go!

• 10 months later...

This seems to be a design problem on Grand C-Max steering.

I have a 2011 & this has a poor turning circle & compared to the very good turning circle of my previous 2 cars, Ford Galaxy & Ford S-Max it is rubbish.

My C-Max (not S-Max) also has a poor turning circle but this is because it is fitted with 18" wheels. This means that a restrictor is fitted to the rack to stop tyres rubbing bodywork.

Maybe this is the same with the S-Max?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club