Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Tdci Mods

liam1984

Talking to a bloke today with a mondeo tddi who said he was pushing 200bhp and over 400lb torque! He said he had done the impreza intercooler mod and wound the boost up on the turbo as well as a map and a custom exhaust! Could i do this to my tdci and have any of you heard of these mods?

Sent from my ST25i

Talking to a bloke today with a mondeo tddi who said he was pushing 200bhp and over 400lb torque! He said he had done the impreza intercooler mod and wound the boost up on the turbo as well as a map and a custom exhaust! Could i do this to my tdci and have any of you heard of these mods?

Sent from my ST25i

Pull the other one its got bells on! :lol:

Realistically it takes a lot of work to get over 150Hp/ 360flbs on a 2.0L TDDI, With the TDCI 2.0 its a bit more potential, with 160+ possible, the 2.2 can be pushed to 180Hp and pushing 400Nm running diesel

There was someone with a TDDI that claimed 162Hp, (unconfirmed) but as far as i am aware i have the most powerfull one - get a hold of your bloke ans get him to post his dyno figures - i would love to see them!

Remember the TDDI makes 113Hp stock and the injectors (and other things) hold it back

Some dynos are wildly optomistic

There was a chap with a 2.0L TDCI that made 240+Hp, it had nitro, meth/ water injection + serious mods,

Some mods work the same on the TDCI/ TDDI but not all of them

The bloke seemed to know his onions! Lol he showed me how to wind the turbo up and was telling me that the scooby intercooler is a strieght swap! He said hes also done the smf swap but having trouble with wearing clutch plates out!

Sent from my ST25i

The bloke seemed to know his onions! Lol he showed me how to wind the turbo up and was telling me that the scooby intercooler is a strieght swap! He said hes also done the smf swap but having trouble with wearing clutch plates out!

Sent from my ST25i

Great - get him to post up some dyno run pics! - i can't wait to see them!

The regular top-mounted Scooby intercooler isnt a "strieght" swop but a Scooby FMIC is - i advise people not to bother and just stick with the stock intercooler as a larger intercooler just adds lag on most cars

I went for the SMF + carbon- fiber / kevler heavy duty clutch, good for 400Hp+ - ran it for ages now with no serious problems - where did he get his clutch from? :lol:

Havent a clue if he has dyno run charts or were he got his clutch from but he did mention he used to post on torque ford?? I met the bloke in the car park of my sons nursery

Sent from my ST25i

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club