Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Beeps When Turning Engine Off

mtg138

Just wondering what 6 beeps mean when turning the engine off?

Looked in the manual and can't seem to find anything about it?

It's a 2009 MK7 fiesta zetec s.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever figure it out? I think I have the same thing, 6 beeps in 3 groups of 2 one after the other, only when switching the engine off, but not every single time, it's happening regularly enough to concern me and no messages in the centre console. Something does try to appear on the screen but obviously I'm stopping the engine so by the time the beeps occur I've near enough switched the ignition off

Doubt it, my first mk7 used to do it as well, never did get to the bottom of it, though there was so much wrong with that old car it was unbelievable! It didn't stop my love of festers and the mk7 s though, currently got a 7.5 and just ordered another one! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Anything linked to Alarm? Ie. if it has sensors inside you have them disabled so it's letting you know it's in that state ?

It's not the light warning, that one's only when you open the doors and the lights are still on. My car doesn't have an alarm unfortunately and its usually before youve even taken the key out of the ignition. If i could describe it in words the tone pattern would be "beeBoop-beeboop-beeboop" just that and not continuous.

Do you have a Sony radio at all?

I don't think I do, just the standard one with bluetooth that the zetec comes with. I managed to catch a slight glimpse of what pops on the screen, pretty sure it starts with "brake..."

yeah, for example i'll park up and turn the key to off, then it'll be 6 beeps (low tone, high tone, low tone x2). never noticed a warning sign flash up on the screen but it randomly happens so i never remember to look out for it!

also i have the older radio (non sony) with bluetooth/aux and no usb

Is the radio fascia removable at all? If so take it off when beeping and see if it stops. It used to be a thing with certain radios to remind you to remove the fascia.

I also get this happen on occasions. Still for the life of me ain't got a clue what it is?

• 7 months later...

I have exactly the same thing guys. Did u ever get to the bottom of it as I'm booking my car in to fords. But they say if it doesn't happen to th there's nothing they can do :-(. I kinda think it sounds like the old police siren like high n low tones. Lol. If u know what it is now I'd be greatfull if u could share ur information. Regards Jeff.

I have exactly the same thing guys. Did u ever get to the bottom of it as I'm booking my car in to fords. But they say if it doesn't happen to th there's nothing they can do :-(. I kinda think it sounds like the old police siren like high n low tones. Lol. If u know what it is now I'd be greatfull if u could share ur information. Regards Jeff.

I caught a glimpse of the on screen error it says "ABS system Malfunction" I suspect it's just a glitch as no errors are reported in diagnostics

Thanks Buddy. Bring back the old cars with no warning lights n computers lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club