Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wipers Fault

snoop

Anyone know what's the cause of the windscreen wipers not working properly. It was teeming down with rain had my 2 an half year old son, suddenly my windscreen wipers stopped working. First the back didn't work. Then it did but only when the front had stopped working. Also horn didn't work. And no I didn't go thru a puddle like the idiot at Kwick fit said. Called green flag , he did somthing to the control panel knob head wouldn't tell me what tho there working ok but it did stop again the other day. Green flag guy said my control panel is overloaded because I have a traffic manager installed that was there when I brought it. It's a mondeo titanium LPG converted.
Any advice please would be great taking it to a garage tomorrow to get I'd checked out just wanna make sure I'm not getting conned. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Edited by jeebowhite
removed a naughty word!

The horn and wipers are on the same relay. Under the passenger footwell, its quite likely that one of the harnesses has come loose. I did this on my Focus and my CMAX a couple of times (mainly playing about - didnt check) then all of a sudden down the motorway tried to use them and they were dead.

Its an easy fix, just disconnect and resecure.

Green flag left my control panel loose because he couldn't get it all back in safely. It's got more wires on it then normal because of the traffic manager.

disconnect the battery, pull the GEM board down, disconnect everything and then reconnect it all securely.

Its seriously easy to do and you cant get it wrong as they are all specific shapes.

Lol no way! I ain't got a clue I'm too scared to mess with it, it's my baby just got it a couple of months ago, had a accident first week not my fault , got it back about 3 weeks but had this issue. Goin to take it to midland ford tomorrow get them to fix it and remove the traffic manager as I don't use it. Thanks u soooo much for ur info. Even tho I won't be touching it it just for peace of mind

18;s are the biggest I have known, and honestly, dont worry look at it this way, if you get it wrong, call the AA, and they will help. if they cant get it wrong, well its got to go to see the dealer anyway - nothing ventured!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club