Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt Change 54 Plate 1.4 Duratec

shane19891234

My.car has done 56k and it's my 1st Car, my mechanic Said I need to change the cam belt and water pump, does the pump need changing. He wants 300£ to do it does this sound right?

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Shane,

the belt has done 10 years so its worth doing it, but the water pump is recommended to be changed as they do fail, and if you need it replacing in the future, then its best to get it replaced now, as they need to faff with the belt to get at the pump.

• 1 month later...

I just had my 1.8 TDCI done at 100,000 and the belt was in a pretty good condition still but sometimes if in doubt get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Agreed, had mine replaced, aside a hairline crack, if I just felt the teeth etc it would have felt brand new..

£210 lighter for the privelage, and I need to get it done again when I get the fuel pump aux chain replaced as well, but when its done, the car will be good for another long time.

Up until the point the belt snaps or looses teeth they do tend to look just fine so never be trust how they look.

£300 in London is probably about right? I'm not sure if the water pump is cambelt driven though, if it's not I would just leave it for now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club